Dr Jeff Sharman from the Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center discusses clinical trials evaluating the use of Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitors as treatment for patients with SARS-CoV-2.
- Roschewski M et al. Inhibition of Bruton tyrosine kinase in patients with severe COVID-19. Science Immunol 2019;5(48):eabd0110. Abstract
- AstraZeneca initiates CALAVI clinical trial with Calquence against COVID-19 [press release]. April 14, 2020.
- Chong EA et al. BTK inhibitors in cancer patients with COVID19: “The winner will be the one who controls that chaos” (Napoleon Bonaparte). Clin Cancer Res 2020;[Published OnlineFirst]. Abstract
- COVID-19 and CLL: Frequently Asked Questions. Hematology.org. May 6, 2020;Version 1.3.
- Mehta P et al. COVID-19: Consider cytokine storm syndromes and immunosuppression. Lancet 2020;395(10229);1033-4. Correspondence
- Koffman B et al. Management of CLL patients early in the COVID-19 pandemic: An international survey of CLL experts. Am J Hematol 2020;[Epub ahead of print]. Correspondence
- Treon ST et al. The BTK inhibitor ibrutinib may protect against pulmonary injury in COVID-19–infected patients. Blood 2020;135(21):1912–5. Full text